Helpful Information for New Providers
This step by step guide aims to sequentially list and embed the resources that we are aware of for each of the steps that we have identified.
The guide includes:
- Edited versions of the presentations from the New Providers Conference. (Held in May 2016)
- Powerpoint Presentations from the New Providers Conference (converted to pdf format)
- Resources available from the Home Care Today website
- Other links that have been used in introducing new providers to Home Care Packages
The step by step guide covers:
- Applications – Things to Consider
- Understand the context of the Aged Care Reforms
- Understanding the operational manual
- Developing the model – Key considerations
- Understand and develop the case management role
- Understand Consumer Directed Care– The empowered consumer is coming!
- Cost then Price – the move to individual budgets
- Knowing what your niche is!
- Consider Technology and software
Download Presentations and Videos Here
New Provider Conference Videos (from the New Service Provider conference held on the 20th May 2016)
The empowered consumer Video – what are they looking for? By Annette Whitmee Powerpoint Presentation
Becoming an Approved Provider and the February 2017 changes to Home Care Packages. Powerpoint Presentation By David Laffan, Department of Health.
Information for approved providers applying to combine services
Webinar for New Providers
A webinar was held on 6 october 2016 to discuss the changes to approved home care provider requirements and the associated quality provisions as a result of the Increasing Choice in home care reforms.
It was open to all aged care providers and focussed on:
- the new approved provider forms for existing and new providers of aged care
- what to consider when submitting an application form to become an approved provider
- an overview of the changes to approved provider requirements from February 2017
- quality provisions for new home care providers.
A recording of the webinar is available on the webinars page.